Some pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Funky multi-coloured circle skirt

My girls both attend dance classes and at last terms performance, one of the costumes worn by another class included a circle skirt that we all liked, and I just had to try out for my girls!
Here's my version!




I just made a basic circle skirt in lots of coloured strips - great for using up those scraps!:

And added the requested dark pink ruffle along the bottom - also made from strips of scraps!


Turns out it's the perfect skirt for running !


Who would have thought!


I've got lots of shiny, and sparkly material in my stash which I plan to use for some funky dance outfits for the girls!

For more creativity, have a look at our creative spaces!
I'm also entering this project into the CSI sewing project!
Click on this button to see all the other fabulous projects that have been linked up!
Visit thecsiproject.com


I'll be linking this post to many of the wonderful linky parties whose pretty buttons are on the bottom of this page.

14 comments:

  1. Fun skirt! Love all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little skirt! So many hours of fun twirling round and round :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of fun and twirling in that skirt -well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is cute and you made it look pretty simple! Though I have an irrational fear of sewing machines, I may try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun - she looks like she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun - shiny and ruffles what more could a girl ask for? My daughter would love it too:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So colourful! You can tell by the movement in the photos that she is super happy wearing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shiny slippery fabric is so hard to sew but you've made it look like a breeze! The skirt looks great - definitely particularly good for running and twirling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your awesome comment on my blog :) I am definitely really excited about the new job!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! If only I had talent at sewing... lol...

    Anyway, thanks so much for commenting on "My Little Boob Man" and following my blog! I am so sorry I'm just now getting back to you -- my spam filter ate your comment, and I just saw it now! Anyway, I'm following you via GFC! I'll stop back and read more when I have more time... right now I'm trying to catch up with all the folks that I missed because their comments got lost! LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend! Smiles, Jenn
    www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous skirt that has the twirl factor!!! Great idea to make it in strips, as a circle skirt normally uses so much fabric. I'm pinning this, Jill...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill, I've featured two of your skirts today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/10/threading-your-way-skirts-for-girls.html

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails