Some pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fitness and Motivation

Just a short post tonight.  I managed to do a reasonable amount of exercise this week - a couple of cycles on the exercise bike, a 3km run on Wednesday on the esplanade with the family, a good 5km run yesterday more or less matching my own record time! and tonight I'm going to do my Spartacus weights circuit workout.

Finally I feel like my nose and head have cleared.  After losing my voice in the first few days of 2012 - I've been blocked up ever since - trying exercising through it, medicine to try and clear it, and rest.  Time seemed to be the only thing that worked and yesterday and today I finally feel clear again!

So this week coming I'm going to get back to exercising every day.
When I matched my 5km run best time yesterday I realised that I haven't come very far over the last year fitness wise.  I've kept up my exercise but am no faster in my running - so I think really I've  just been maintaining a good level of fitness.

Since this year I want to improve my fitness, I've decided that I need to step things up, so will make a concerted effort to push a little harder and further than usual on my regular runs and cycles.

As far as keeping motivated goes. I listened to one of my Anthony Robbins CDs when I cycled this week - and it really pumped me up. So I'm going to try to listen to some of his CDs twice this week to keep up my motivation levels! 

 I also found one day when I wasn't going to exercise - simply speaking to a friend who was going to workout herself, gave me the push I needed.  So I'm also going to make a concerted effort to chat to friends who motivate me this week!


How has your week been? Have you been motivated and achieved what you wanted?



2 comments:

  1. I need that push~ I went to the YMCA twice this week...and flaked the rest! I would like to be able to finish a 5K...I've really let the stress of this past three years get to me and I've gone totally to pot! I sooo needed this post! Thanks, Jillie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with the workout out..woohoo!! Lots of running for you - amazing! :)
    I slacked a lot in January. I finally started getting back into it...just yesterday. lol. Better than nothing ;)
    Thanks for the reminder that I need to keep on going!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails