Some pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Creative Space

For those of you who follow me on facebook you may have seen that last week I was the lucky recipient of a rather large stash of fabric!
A friend who runs a market stall at our local shopping centre, is leaving town and clearing out 50 years worth of sewing materials!

Take a look at what I got!

So many rolls and piles of fabric that I'm struggling to find space for them! (of course I will manage!! :) )

Here's some of my favourites:








I've already made a start on using them - with car organisers for my girls:

(I posted the tutorial here if you're interested!)

So much of the fabric I received is knit fabric. The lady I got it from makes mostly baby clothes. Maybe it's my chance to have a go at making some clothes.... who knows!

Any suggestions for any of this great fabric?
I need some BIG projects to use some of it up!!

For more creative spaces, grab a cuppa and head on over here.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh lucky you, all that gorgeous fabric!!
    I love the car organisers, off to pin it so I can make two!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those car organizers look fantastic! Lucky you getting lots of lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! you were blessed
    I especially like the red hibiscus one and the frog one is cute!! :)

    those car organisers are awesome and will be so useful
    dont our cars get a mess with children LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got yourself a big pot of 'opportunity'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant start to things! I love a car organiser!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! I love fabric...I just got my orders from some online fabric shops and I am still drooling.
    You can use it for so many things. I am starting off with recovering my dining room chairs. Then there will be the table cloth and the napkins. Woot!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the girls like their new car organisers and have filled them with lots of things to keep themselves busy in the car. You could make some cushions, the car fabric would make a great present for a male. Enjoy your new fabric stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The car orgonisers are fab... thats alot of sewing coming your way!!! such a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails