Some pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Tagxedo - what is it?

I've seen Tagxedo mentioned here and there on blogs, enough to make me curious and want to take a look for myself!

Basically Tagxedo is a free service that turns words, quotes,  news articles, your tweets etc into visually stunning word clouds!

This is what I tried first.  You can enter a web url and it selects words from that page to create a picture.  You can choose the shape, colour, font and theme.
Here's what I made from this blog - Creating my way to Success

Quite cool! I like it!
So I tried another - with my other blog url - Be Our Best


I think these are fabulous - and wouldn't they be great to use as part of your blog header - or button!  The words will give a good idea as to the theme of your blog!

It would also be neat as a way to introduce a particular article or blog post you have written - having those keywords displayed so invitingly at the top!

So I tried it with an article I wrote about child beauty pageants.  It worked reasonably well - but it also took words from other parts of the page on the blog where that post is displayed - like the sidebar, comments section etc.  Here's what it came up with anyway:
And if you would like to read the article - go here!

I've only just skimmed the surface of this great tool! You don't have to use a web url, you can just choose words yourself and enter them.
 I can see so many possibilities with Tagxedo for great crafts - cards, pictures.. who knows what else!

Have you discovered Tagxedo yet?
If you have and have been crafty with the results, then please do share the links in the comments section below so we can visit and see and be inspired!!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I've been wanting to use it for a while, will have to add it to my 'roundtuit' list! Yours look great. Tash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is too cool!

    Aloha,
    I'm following ya from the hop. I'd love it if you'd visit me at localsugarhawaii.com and join us as we ride the wave of life, one adventure at a time.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh this is a new one for me!
    I went ahead and made this:
    http://hetkabinet.blogspot.com/2012/05/tagxedo.html

    Thanks for the tip :D
    Audrey
    hetkabinet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails